Saturday 21 September 2013

Stage One of DeathSkullz Project

So this morning my postman kindly delivered the remnants of my ebay purchases. Which has kept me busy, and somewhat overwhelmed by a vast number of models.

Having read a bit of forum material and watched a couple vids on building an army I have decided to try to tackle this project as systematically as possible.  In the first instance I am hoping to build and paint up 500 points of my army so I can at least take a small painted force along to my local gamestore to start playing. Having not played ANY proper games of 6th edition 40k I thought the would be a good place to start.

With a need to a HQ and two troops choices minimum I have elected to go for the following in the first instance.

Warboss - power klaw, cybork body, eavy armour, boss pole

11 slugga boyz in a trukk inc nob with boss pole and power klaw, trukk has reinforced ram

11 slugga boyz in a trukk inc nob with boss pole and power klaw, trukk has reinforced ram

(Nobz may have eavy armour - cant remember off the top of my head)

Deffkopta with twin linked rokkit launcher

Deffkopta with twin linked rokkit launcher

Total points = 497


By my reckoning this should give me a nice quick, manoeuvrable force with a limited number of troop types for me to have to remember rules.

It also gives me a nice mix of vehicles and troops to paint up so I don't get too bored of painting one single model type

I'm hoping to get this done over the next month or so, depending on how busy work is. Fingers crossed


No comments:

Post a Comment